Fr. Luke Tomson is the pastor at St. Peter, located at 3520 East 18th Ave., also on the South Hill in Spokane. St. Peter Parish was officially dedicated in 1957, and was the first Catholic parish in the diocese to be named after one of the Apostles; it was nicknamed “The Fisherman’s Parish”. Over the next thirty years, the parish continued to grow in size, and eventually outgrew its initial building. In 1992, Father Mike Savelesky, along with an enthusiastic building committee, began plans to erect the present Church. St Peter has since grown to serve over 900 families and has been blessed with ministry, generosity and compassion.